The allied organizations Fe y Alegría, Ser Maestro, CARE Perú y UNESCO in Peru, committed to the improving educational conditions in the rural areas of the country, presented their work to the political parties, Fuerza Popular and Libre Perú, their initial agenda for Educación Rural (Rural Education) with the aim to ensure the right to quality rural quality education.
The topics discussed were:
- Rural students that access quality education with a territorial focus, ensuring them a package of integral services for achieving contextual learnings that strengthen their development both as a citizen and socio-emotionally.
- Valued teachers have systematic and specialized training to lead the challenges of the rural world with pedagogical quality, as well as good conditions and incentives that allow them to succeed in their professional development.
- Safe schools and with equity of gender, managed with autonomy and resources for the quality, innovation and continuous improvement; assuring infrastructure, equipment, technology and connectivity.
- Engaged families responsible for the well-being of their children, accompany and facilitate the realization of their life projects in dialogue with the school and access to effective social policies.
- Rural and indigenous communities involved in the management of education, capitalizing their ancestral knowledge and sociocultural, linguistic, and productive potential.
The context of the COVID-19 pandemic was also taken into account:
- Teacher vaccination as a priority.
- Biosecurity conditions in the schools.
- Mixed learning strategies: taking advantage of what is gained with hybrid education.
- Flexibility and strengthening of the innovation and exchange of good practices.
- Strengthening radio and rural connectivity.
The proposal of the agenda of Educación Rural (Rural Education) was marked by the Policies of Education in rural environment and the Intercultural and Bilingual Education, the National Education Project of 2036 and the Sustainable Development Goals from the 2030 agenda.
Learn more about the mission that motivates us and join us in building and saying together: Educación Rural Ahora! (Rural Education Now! )